Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Happy Spring! Lots of updates!!

Well hello everyone!!!  I am finally getting a second to sit down and blog! When I say I have been busy lately, I mean it has been NON-STOP!! BUT, I love it :)

Soo I recently had a photoshoot with a great photographer, Todd Ward.  He was so nice and we had a blast! The photos turned out great!

The weekend after that, I spent my Friday night judging the Mr. Marlborough High School Pageant and I would have to say it was definitely the funniest appearance yet.  The boys were really creative and I would have to say the two other judges and I picked a deserving winner!  It was really nice to be on the other side of the things, instead of competing I was the one judging!! 


The following night, I attended the Best Buddies Formal.  This would have to be my favorite appearance yet.

The Best Buddies Foundation is the one I am most passionate about.  It aids those with intellectual disabilities with their social skills, to find jobs, and to create one on one relationships with those who volunteer for the foundation.  Having a brother who has struggled with mental disabilities gives me the ability to relate and understand the "buddies" of the foundation.

The night was so perfect.  Everyone was dressed up and all the kids were sooo excited when I arrived in my crown and sash.  The night consisted of lots of pictures, autograph card signings, and dancing!  I loved meeting all the unique and JOYFUL people. 
^^^ This is one of my buddies James!

I honestly feel so incredibly honored to have been invited to such an awesome event with incredible individuals.

Next, this past Friday, something VERY exciting happened! I started my "Living a Healthy Lifestyle with Miss Massachusetts Teen USA" program!  I presented my first nutrition and fitness seminar at the very elementary school I attended!

The kids were so interactive and excited that I was there and participating in their gym class!



Nutrition and Fitness is my passion and I am so elated that I am able to share my knowledge with children and motivate them to live a healthy lifestyle!

SO, it doesn't end there!! Saturday I attended a home and business expo and I wore a gorgeous Jovani gown from Glitterati in Danvers! I met soo many cute kids and signed tons of autograph cards!!

Okay last thing!!! The next morning (Sunday) I was up at 4am to catch a 6am flight to Philly!! Tess Johnson (amazing person and photographer) picked me up at the airport and we were off to her new home to shoot!! And great news: we got my headshot for Miss Teen USA!! YAAYYYYY!! I had such a blast staying at Tess's house and playing with her son and doggy!

Tess is an amazing and talented person.  I am so blessed to have her in my life.  I am so blessed to have such an incredible group of caring and loving people surrounding me.  Life is good. :)

That is in for now! Thanks for reading everyone!! Be happy and enjoy life always!!!

Xo Maddy

P.S.  Just a little more than 4 months until Miss Teen USA! AHHHH SO EXCITED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment